Water treatment specialists since 1992. Premium Bottled Water, and so much more! We started with a passion for healthy living, and are so thrilled that the water took off. Everything we do holds up to our high standards, we give you a quality you have come to expect from us! Thank you Medicine Hat for supporting a locally run, family operated business for so many years. Because of all your support, we are able to support our community and help make it the city we love!!
Frequently asked questions
Why we love our water?
We bring water back to what nature intended! Chemical Free! NO herbicides, pesticides, prescription drugs. There are over 7500 chemicals in Medicine Hat tap water. All the makeup, paint from paint brushes, shampoo's & conditioners are removed from the water! Maybe some of you are thinking that it would be fun to drink all of that, and that is completely your choice if you wish to! We just really don't want to, so that is why we go above and beyond industry standards!
Industry standards are one wash, one sanitize and one rinse. With our state of the art bottle washer, we meet industry standards, and then exceed them. we have an 8 different rinse and wash system that is completely automated. Our fully automated system has:
- 8 different high-powered rinse and wash cycles
- cleans, fills and caps 3 Gallon & 5 Gallon bottles without the need for any hand-sorting or equipment adjustments
- It even filters the air and sanitizes the caps
It will make 450 bottles an hour, which is one bottle every 8 seconds! Because of our process, we are even able to operate during a boil water alert!
Here at Icy Mountain Water our mission is to meet our high level of expectations every day. Taste water for the first time, the way water was meant to be!
What is reverse osmoisis?
Using current technology and modern innovation, we reverse the process of water falling down a mountain and bring water back to it's original state! I'm sure you have heard about RO or Reverse Osmosis. But what is it exactly? This is the process we use to remove all the impurities from the water.
Reverse osmosis (RO) is a water purification process that uses a partially permeable membrane to remove ions, unwanted molecules and larger particles from drinking water. Reverse osmosis can remove many types of dissolved and suspended chemical species as well as biological ones (principally bacteria) from water, and is used in both industrial processes and the production of potable water. Reverse osmosis is most commonly known for its use in drinking water purification from seawater, removing the salt and other effluent materials from the water molecules.
We reverse the process of water falling down a mountain and bring water back to it's original state!
Why distilled over reverse osmosis?
Why distilled over reverse osmosis?
Reverse Osmosis (RO) water can be used in place of distilled water. Many products that call for Distilled water need water that is complexly pure. This is because the contaminates in water will wreck the equipment/product in some way.
How does a water distiller work? The water distiller boils the water, turning it into steam. The steam is then condensed and cooled, returning it back to a liquid state. Anything that cannot turn into steam, like minerals and microorganisms, is left behind. The problem with Commercial Distillers, is that they boil the water quickly at such high temperatures and because of this some of the impurities are passed along in the steam. This is why distilled water made in mass quantities is usually higher in TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) then our Reverse Osmosis water which is around 1ppm. It is too hard to actually test water that pure.
Our water is pure enough for a car battery, humidifier, dental equipment, tattoo equipment, etc. Due to the extremely low Parts per million found in our RO water, you can use it in anything that calls for distilled water, or pure water.
Whats the deal with Bottle Deposits & Returns?
- All returns require a ID and a signature
- Products have a 30 day return policy if not used. Restrictions apply and some exceptions. Contact us in store for more details.
- Cat & Dog Food has a 30 day return policy, even once opened. One return per household.
Bottle Deposit Returns:
- Bottles have to be in good condition, not used for anything other then water and not broken
- Other Restrictions may apply, please see in store for details.
Never put your bottles in the back of your truck - this causes them to bounce around and they can break. They are best transported on the floor of a back seat or seatbelted on your vehicle seat!
Never put a broken or cracked bottle on your cooler. If you see a ring of water underneath the bottle, it likely has a crack. Bring it to our attention immediatley. Our coolers we sell do have a dry gaurd in them, but department store coolers do not help prevent against a leaky bottle.
If you have to set the bottle down on a hard service, make sure you are very careful.
What is the benefit of the U-Fill?
WOW!! I am glad you asked! With our self-serve U-Fill Machines you get fresh pure Icy Mountain Water, at your convenience with the click of a button!
What is more important than YOU?
It's true, we care about you! You are number one to us every day, this is why we do what we do.
We have families too, and we think they deserve the best. And that is why we hold our products and services to such high standards. So you and your family can enjoy the safety and security of knowing that everything you purchase from Icy Mountain Water is good for you and your family, and will assist you in living a healthy, balanced, fulfilled life. Thank you, Medicine Hat, for being so amazing over the years.
Icy Mountain Water - A service you have come to expect - Invest in your health today for the future of your family!
Why choose RO water?
nitrates and nitrites (hexavalent & trivalent)
total dissolved solids (TDS)
Why use Icy Mountain Water Ice?
Great question!! If you need ice for an event, wedding, or even just for every day use, we have you covered.
Are There Any Disadvantages to Reverse Osmosis Water?
What else can I use Icy Mountain Water for other then just drinking?
- Great for most aquariums, No need to use extra chemicals when doing water changes. – Can be used when establishing and maintaining even Barrier Reef aquariums! Plants that are sensitive to chlorine and mineral deposits.
- Making baby formula
- Use in all equipment that calls for distilled water
- For making coffee, drinks, and ice – Save your appliances from calcium build up and scaling as well as improve taste & health! Most coffee shops and restaurants use RO water!
- Cleaning and diluting/making your own cleaning products– especially great on windows!
- Pets! RO water is great for pets and they experience the same benefits as humans when drinking pure water.
- The military use R/O systems all over the world to supply clean and safe drinking water.
- Humidifiers & Diffusers do really well with RO water. No scum buildup and it will save the live of your machines.
How do you make your RO water?
We start with municipal water, which is pressed through a large bed of charcoal, then through a water softener. Next, the water goes through a 5 micron filter, then gets forced through a porous membrane at 200 lbs square inch of pressure, and only the pure water flows through the membrane. The wastewater is flushed down the drain. The process brings the total dissolved solids level down to 1.5 – 2 parts per million. This water is equivalent to distilled and is so pure it can be used in a car battery, sterilization equipment, or boilers.
How do I prevent my cooler from leaking?
NEVER UNDER ANY SURCOMSTANCES PUT A BOTTLE ON YOUR COOLER OR DISPENCER AND LEAVE IT UNATTENDED
Dear Valued Customer, please remember that Bottles are made out of plastic! They can get a hair line fracture and leak at any time! Follow these simple instructions:
- Never leave your bottle unattended after putting a new bottle on your cooler.
- Make sure to check on it periodically, Never put a bottle on and leave the house for an extended period of time.
- small puddle underneath bottle, especially if it is a circle shape.
- Once the bottle is on your cooler, the air bubbles in your water jug should stop once the revisor is full. If your cooler keeps bubbling randomly, or right after the reservoir is full
Feel free to call our trusted team to learn more! 403-526-3806
If you suspect that you have a leaky bottle:
- You can lean on the bottle to see if you can find a crack. Leaning on the bottle should allow water to creep out of a hair line crack. If no water squirts out, rub your hand around the bottle
- Or call us and we will help you trouble shoot.
- Remember that these are very rare, but it is good to always keep an eye out.